Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Acetone is a versatile chemical used both in manufacture of plastics and as a solvent.
- It is a major constituent of such products as nail polish remover, paints, and cleaning fluids.
- The manufacture of acetone involves formation of an intermediate peroxide compound by oxidation, followed by formation of the final product.
- When hydrogen gas is reacted with oxygen gas, water is formed as the product.
- In the course of this reaction, electrons are shifted away from each hydrogen atom and towards the oxygen atom.