Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Hybridization model helps explain molecules with double or triple bonds.
- Ethene (C2H4) contains a double covalent bond between the two carbon atoms.
- Triple bonds are comprised of one sigma bond and two pi bonds.
- The bond orientation of the two bonds is that they are perpendicular to one another (see Figure below).
- One pi bond is above and below the line of the molecule, while the other is in the other behind the other.
- The two types of bonds are different: one is a sigma Bond, while other is a pi bond.