Select from the frequently asked questions below
- A solution is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.
- The solute is the substance that dissolves, and the solvent is the substance that dissolves the solute.
- Particles of solvent pull apart particles of solute, and the solute particles spread throughout the solvent.
- A solute that can dissolve in a given solvent is said to be soluble in that solvent.
- Conversely, a solute that cannot dissolve in a given solvent is said to be insoluble in that solvent.