Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Car batteries are used around the world to provide the power to start car engines.
- One essential component of car batteries is the strong electrolyte sulfuric acid.
- In the battery, this material ionizes into hydrogen ions and sulfate ions.
- Some polar molecular compounds are nonelectrolytes in their pure state, but become electrolytes when they are dissolved in water.
- A strong electrolytes is a solution in which a large fraction of the dissolved solute exists as ions.
- A weak electrolyte has only a small amount of ionization in solution.