Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Lead contamination has serious harmful effects on the body.
- Chemists are involved in all aspects of environmental protection.
- About 98% of car batteries a recycled today.
- The used batteries go to a processing plant where they are crushed and placed in a tank.
- The lead sinks to the bottom and can be separated, melted and used again.
- Plastic materials float to the top, are separated, and melted.
- The plastic can then be used in a number of applications.
- The battery acids are treated with chemicals to neutralize them before they are disposed of.