Select from the frequently asked questions below
- "Five Factors that Affect Climate" takes a very thorough look at what creates the climate zones.
- The amount of solar radiation an area receives depends on its latitude.
- The winds move air masses, which causes weather.
- The climate of a region allows certain plants to grow, creating an ecological biome.
- How they affect it varies with latitude (Figure below).
- Where air rises, it cools and there is precipitation.
- Where air sinks, it warms and causes evaporation.
- These patterns are part of the global wind belts.