Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The average global temperature has been rising since the end of the Pleistocene.
- Rising temperatures are natural for this time period.
- But natural causes cannot explain all the warming that's been happening.
- The actions involve releasing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
- The more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, the better the atmosphere can trap heat.
- An increase in greenhouse gases leads to greater greenhouse effect.
- The result is increased global warming.
- As Earth has gotten warmer, sea ice has melted.
- This has raised the level of water in the oceans about 3 mm per year.