Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Climate is dynamic; climate has changed through Earth's history.
- The last major ice age took place in the Pleistocene.
- Earth’s temperature was only 5° C (9° F) cooler than it is today.
- Sunspots, plate tectonics, volcanism, asteroid impacts, and Earth's motions can affect Earth's temperature.
- The video deals with the time period at the end of the Paleozoic, called the Permian, 250,000,000 years ago.
Why is the fact that climate has changed a lot during earth history important to a discussion of climate change today?