Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Most pollution enters the oceans from the land.
- Runoff and rivers carry the majority of pollution into the ocean.
- Plastic shopping bags are extremely abundant in the oceans.
- Since water runs from land into the sea, chemicals can end up in the sea.
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is a large patch of garbage.
- Most of this trash is plastic.
- Plastic trash does not usually biodegrade in the ocean and can be harmful to marine organisms.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.