Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Alfred Wegener was a meteorologist and explorer.
- In 1910, he noticed that South America and Africa appeared to fit together like puzzle pieces.
- He wondered if the two continents were once joined and then moved apart.
- He set out to find evidence to support or refute this idea.
- Wegener’s evidence included the fit of the continents, the distribution of ancient fossils, the placement of similar rocks, and indicators of ancient climate found in locations where those climates do not exist today.