Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Plates move apart at a divergent plate boundary.
- This happens in the oceans at mid-ocean ridges.
- It happens on land in continental rift zones.
- The island of Iceland sits right on the Mid-Atlantic ridge.
- This is where new seafloor is created by upwelling magma.
- Eventually, as the continental crust breaks apart, oceanic crust will form.
- It is how the Atlantic Ocean formed when Pangaea broke up.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.