Select from the frequently asked questions below
- In 2006, the International Astronomical Union decided that there were too many questions surrounding what could be called a planet.
- With the discovery of many new objects in our solar system, astronomers refined the definition of a dwarf planet in 2006.
- There are five recognized dwarf planets in the solar system: Ceres, Pluto, Makemake, Haumea, and Eris.
- The reclassification of Pluto to the new category dwarf planet stirred up a great deal of controversy.
- How the classification of Pluto has evolved is an interesting story in science.