Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The Mercalli intensity scale describes earthquake intensity.
- The Richter scale measures the magnitude of an earthquake's largest jolt of energy.
- The moment magnitude scale is the favored method of measuring earthquake magnitudes.
- The damage from an earthquake is affected by many things.
- These factors include the type of rock in the region.
- They also include the quality of the structures built in the area.
- How might a 5.8 quake rate on the Mercalli scale in Virginia compare to a 9.0 quake in Japan?