Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Transform plate boundaries produce enormous and deadly earthquakes.
- These quakes at transform faults are shallow focus.
- This is because the plates slide past each other without moving up or down.
- Studies show that big quakes occur every 125 years or more.
- In total the San Andreas Fault system produces around 10,000 earthquakes a year.
- Most of those earthquakes cannot even be felt by people nearby.
- In this video, the boundaries between three different tectonic plates and the earthquakes that result from their interactions are explored.