Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Geologists study earthquake waves to “see” Earth's interior.
- Seismic waves go different speeds through different materials.
- Scientists use information from seismic waves to understand what makes up the Earth’s interior.
- Meteorites formed early in the solar system indicate something about Earth's Interior.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow..
- List and explain the two types of surface waves.
- What are the fastest body waves?
- What is the shadow zone?
- What do S-waves do?