Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Energy is defined as the ability to do work.
- Energy cannot be created or destroyed.
- It can change form.
- For example, a piece of wood has chemical energy stored in its molecules.
- When the wood burns, the chemical energy changes to heat energy and light energy.
- Lightning converts electric potential energy into three kinds of energy.
- They are light energy, sound energy, and thermal energy.
- 75% of Southern California's water supply comes from the snowpack in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range.
- NASA uses specialized instrumentation in the Airborne Snow Observatory to carefully measure the water content.