Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Groundwater creates landforms by dissolving away rock.
- Groundwater erodes rock beneath the ground surface.
- Caves are one of the types of landforms created by groundwater erosion.
- Some sinkholes are large enough to swallow up a home or several homes in a neighborhood.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow to help you understand groundwater and landforms in the U.S. and around the world.
- For more information on groundwater, visit the Groundwater Erosion and Landscape Project.