Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Erosion by a stream depends on the velocity of the water.
- It also depends on how big the particles are.
- Fast water erodes more material than slow water.
- Large curves, called meanders, form because of erosion and deposition by the moving water.
- When a river on flat ground is cut off from the rest of the river, it may become an oxbow lake.
- How much water carries more and larger sediment?
- Find out by finding out how many licks it takes to reach the center of a lollipop.