Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Wind carries particles of different sizes in the same ways that water carries them.
- Wind-blown sand may carve rocks into interesting shapes.
- Dust storms are more common in dry climates.
- Dry, bare soil is more easily blown away by the wind than wetter soil or soil held in place by plant roots.
- Wind moves sediments by suspension, saltation, or creep.
- In deserts, wind picks up small particles and leaves behind larger rocks.
- This forms desert pavement.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.