Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Fog forms when humid air near the ground cools below its dew point.
- Each type of fog forms in a different way.
- Tule fog is an extreme form of radiation fog.
- Steam fog appears in autumn when cool air moves over a warm lake.
- Upslope fog is created when warm humid air travels up a hillside.
- Fog levels are declining along the California coast as climate warms.
- The change in fog may have big ecological changes for the state.
- Back to the page you came from.