Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Fossil fuels are compounds of carbon and hydrogen, called hydrocarbons.
- They are made from plants and animals that lived hundreds of millions of years ago.
- The solar energy stored in fossil fuels is a rich source of energy.
- But because they take so long to form, they are nonrenewable.
- Use this resource to answer the questions that follow: How do fossil fuels form?
- What do we use fossil fuels for in terms of energy?
- Why do geopolitical issues arise regarding fossil fuels?
- What does this really mean?