Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Global winds are winds that occur in belts that go all around the planet.
- Like local winds, global winds are caused by unequal heating of the atmosphere.
- Winds blow on a diagonal over the surface due to Coriolis effect.
- Jet streams are fast-moving air currents high in the troposphere.
- The strongest jet streams circle the planet, mainly from west to east.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.
- Back to Mail Online home.
- back to the page you came from.