Select from the frequently asked questions below
- There are more than 7 billion people in the world.
- The population was estimated to reach 7 billion in 2012, but it did so in 2011.
- The United Nations estimates a population of 10.1 billion by the end of the century.
- Although population continues to grow rapidly, the rate that the growth rate is increasing has declined.
- Still, a recent estimate by the United Nations claims that 10,1 billion people will be sharing this planet by the start of the 21st century.
- That number is more than were even in existence as recently as 1960.