Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Jupiter has 318 times the mass of Earth, and over 1,300 times Earth’s volume.
- Because Jupiter is so large, it reflects a lot of sunlight.
- The Great Red Spot has been on Jupiter for at least 300 years.
- Future missions to Jupiter are underway and will arrive in late 2016.
- Jupiter is made mostly of hydrogen, with some helium, and small amounts of other elements.
- The outer layers of the planet are gas.
- Deeper within the planet, the intense pressure condenses the gases into a liquid.
- Jupiter has lots of moons.