Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The chemistry of a magma determines the type of igneous rock it forms.
- The chemistry also determines how the magma moves.
- The way lava flows depends on what it is made of.
- The three types of flows are a’a, pahoehoe, and pillow lava.
- Lavas that cool underwater become pillow lavas.
- Magmas differ in composition, which affects viscosity.
- Magma composition has a large effect on how a volcano erupts.
- The type of eruption a volcano has depends on thetype of magma in its chamber.