Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Magnetometers in the oceans discovered strange patterns.
- This pattern of stripes is like what they discovered on the seafloor.
- There are stripes with different magnetism.
- Some stripes have normal polarity and some have reversed polarity.
- These stripes surround the mid-ocean ridges.
- Scientists found that magnetic polarity was normal at mid-Ocean ridge but reversed in symmetrical patterns away from the ridge center.
- This leads to an important idea: some process is creating seafLoor at the ridge crest.
- Somehow the older seafl floor is being destroyed.