Select from the frequently asked questions below
- A map is a picture of specific parts of Earth’s surface.
- There are many types of maps that various Earth scientists might use.
- Maps are easy to use, because they are flat or two-dimensional.
- However, the world is three-dimensional, so, how do mapmakers represent a three- dimensional world on flat paper?Maps are two- dimensional representations of a surface, usually Earth's.
- This is so they can display the most amount of information in the least amount of space.
- They can show social and political information; they can show scientific information.