Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Mars has mountains, canyons, and other features similar to Earth.
- But it doesn’t have as much geological activity as Earth.
- There is no evidence of plate tectonics on Mars.
- NASA and the European Space Agency have plans to send people to Mars.
- The goal is to do it sometime between 2030 and 2040.
- The Red Planet is the first planet beyond Earth’s orbit.
- It has two very small, irregular moons, Phobos and Deimos.
- It is possible there is liquid water on Mars and that life may have existed there in the past.