Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The mesosphere is the layer above the stratosphere.
- It rises to about 85 kilometers (53 miles) above the surface.
- Temperature decreases with altitude in this layer.
- Temperatures here are as low as -100° C (-212° F) Meteors burn as they fall through the mesosphere.
- The mesosphere has red sprites, blue jets, and two types of clouds.
- Noctilucent clouds are the highest clouds in the atmosphere.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.