Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Some places inside Earth are so hot that rock melts.
- Melted rock inside the Earth is called magma.
- When magma erupts onto Earth’s surface, it is known as lava.
- Minerals form when magma and lava cool.
- Some minerals crystallize at hotter temperatures.
- Other minerals form at cooler temperatures.
- When a mineral fills cracks in rocks, the deposits are called veins.
- When the minerals are deposited in open spaces, large crystals grow.
- These rocks are called geodes.