Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Plate tectonic processes create some of the world's most beautiful places.
- Most mountains form along plate boundaries.
- A few mountains may form in the middle of a plate.
- Subduction of oceanic crust beneath a continental or oceanic plate creates a chain of volcanoes.
- Tensional forces bring about block faulting.
- This creates a basin-and-range valleys and mountains.
- What are the mountains and basins called?
- Why don't strike slip faults create mountains?
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.