Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Natural gas burns cleaner than other fossil fuels and produces fewer greenhouse gases.
- Hydraulic fracturing, known as fracking, is a relatively new method for extracting natural gas.
- Fracking may be linked to groundwater contamination and small earthquakes in non-seismic regions.
- Some of the chemicals in the fracking fluids may be harmful.
- Some may cause cancer.
- Some endocrine disruptors interrupt the natural hormones in the bodies of humans and animals.
- The liquid waste injected into the deep wells may cause earthquakes.
- Is fracking related to earthquake activity?
- Many geologists think the link is undeniable.