Select from the frequently asked questions below
- A rock that contains important minerals is called an ore.
- The concentration of valuable minerals in an ore may be high or low.
- Certain places on Earth are more likely to have certain ores.
- Geologists find ore deposits by testing the chemistry of the rock and soil.
- They can also determine the size of the deposit.
- The ore will only be mined if it is profitable.
- If the deposit is found to be profitable, you can begin mining.
- If a mineral deposit is not profitable to mine it is not an ore deposit.