Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Sedimentary rocks form with the oldest layers on the bottom and the youngest on top.
- Sedimentary rocks that are not horizontal must be deformed.
- This deformation produces geologic structures such as folds, joints, and faults that are caused by stresses.
- The arid climate allows rock layers to be well exposed.
- The lowest layers are the oldest, and the higher layers are younger.
- The law of superposition deals with the positions of rock layers.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.