Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Shores are attractive places to live and vacation, but development at the shore is at risk of damage from waves.
- Wave erosion threatens many homes and beaches on the ocean.
- People build several types of structures to protect beaches.
- A groin stops the longshore movement of sand.
- Seawalls and breakwaters are built parallel to the shore.
- Groins are built perpendicular to theshore.
- They trap sand.
- This reduces beach erosion.
- This is the two methods to slow down coastal erosion.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.