Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The rock cycle describes each of the main types of rocks, how they form, and how they change.
- The three main rock types are igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary.
- These are the processes that change one rock type to another rock type.
- The processes involved in the rock cycle take place over hundreds, thousands, or even millions of years.
- Use this video to answer the questions that follow.
- The Rock Cycle: How can you tell a sedimentary rock from another type?