Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Rocks are a naturally formed, non-living Earth material.
- Rocks are made of minerals.
- Over time a rock will change into another type of rock.
- How this happens is known as the rock cycle.
- There are three main types of rocks.
- Each will be described in more detail in the coming concepts.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.
- The rock cycle describes how this happens.
- It includes the processes that transform rocks from one type to another.
- The processes that can change one type into another are described below.
Can an igneous rock become an igneous rock? Can sedimentary rock become a sedimentary rock? Can metamorphic rock become a metamorphic rock?