Select from the frequently asked questions below
- All ecosystems have living things that play the same basic roles.
- Producers make food for themselves and other living things.
- Decomposers break down dead plants and animals into component parts.
- Grazers feed on living organisms without killing them.
- Predators, like lions, capture and kill animals for food.
- The animals they eat are called prey.
- Listed below are the three main types of consumers: herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.