Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Scientific research is expensive, so the scientific community controls the type of research that is done.
- Most scientists are intelligent, creative and logical people.
- Women and racial minorities are becoming scientists more than ever before.
- Diversity brings in more ideas and more ways of solving problems.
- This makes science stronger.
- The scientific community has control of the projects that get funded and the checks and balances that assure that nearly all scientists operate with a great deal of integrity.
- The public should not mistrust scientists in ways that may cause the public to mistrust science.