Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Soil erosion is a natural process, but human activities can increase it.
- Water, wind, ice, or gravity are the main agents of soil erosion.
- Farming, grazing animals, logging, mining, construction, and recreational activities can do this.
- Use the questions and answers below to answer the questions that follow.
- Soil erosion in the United States has greatly accelerated.
- In some locations, soil may now be eroding about 10 times faster than its natural rate.
- Think about the Dust Bowl in the 1930s and other recent droughts.