Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Soil horizons are different layers of soil with depth.
- The most weathering occurs in the top layer.
- Each layer lower is weathered just a little bit less than the layer above.
- Topsoil is usually the darkest layer of the soil.
- The next layer down is the “C’ horizon.
- The C horizon is made of partially altered bedrock.
- It is possible to identify the original rock type from which this soil formed.
- Soil layers include topsoil, subsoil and the C horizon.