Select from the frequently asked questions below
- A spring may be just a tiny trickle, or it may be a big gush of water.
- Water flowing out of the ground at a spring may flow downhill and enter a stream.
- If the water from a spring can’t flow downhill, it may spread out to form a pond or lake instead.
- In the desert, the only reliable water may be from springs.
- A spring may allow wildlife to inhabit an uninhabitable area.
- The water in some springs is hot because it is heated by hot magma.
- Many hot springs are also mineral springs.