Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Use the resources below (start at 0:49) to answer the questions that follow.
- A moving body of water of any size is a stream.
- A river is a large stream that flows downhill in a channel.
- A continental divide separates rivers that flow into different oceans.
- If the river drops sediment, it may create a delta.
- The area of land that is flooded is called the floodplain.
- The floodplain may be very wide where the river flows over a nearly flat surface.
- The river meanders across an estuary in South Carolina.