Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The water cycle is the movement of water through the oceans, atmosphere, land, and living things.
- Energy from the Sun causes water to evaporate.
- In transpiration, plants release water vapor through their leaves.
- Condensation changes water vapor to liquid water.
- Infiltration is the process by which water soaks into the ground.
- Some of the water may seep deep underground.
- Some may stay in the soil, where plants can absorb it with their roots.
- Runoff may pick up fertilizer and other pollutants and deliver them to a water body.