Select from the frequently asked questions below
- A scientific theory is supported by many types of evidence.
- It is a synthesis of evidence from many experiments and observations.
- A theory is a simple model of reality.
- Scientists can use a theory to make predictions.
- The theory of evolution maintains that modern humans evolved from ape-like ancestors.
- Plate tectonics theory says that slabs of continents move around on Earth's surface.
- As new evidence arises, any of these theories may need to be altered.
- But none of these three are likely ever to be disproved.