Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Transform faults are the site of massive earthquakes.
- The world’s best known transform fault is the San Andreas Fault in California.
- At this fault, the Pacific and North American plates grind past each other.
- Transform plate boundaries are common as offsets along mid-ocean ridges.
- They are very small compared to transform faults on land.
- At divergent plate boundaries, new oceanic crust is formed.
- At convergent boundaries, old oceanic.
- crust is destroyed.
- But at transform plate.
- boundaries, crust is neither created nor destroyed.