Select from the frequently asked questions below
- In the tropics, places that are wet year round have lush vegetation.
- Places that are dry some of the time are much less lush.
- Because warm air rises at the Equator, there is a lot of rain.
- Most of the rain falls in a single season.
- The rest of the year is dry.
- Few trees can withstand the long dry season, so the main plants are grasses.
- Wildlife thrive on these grasslands.
- The vegetation is largely grass.
- The climate zone is between 5° and 20° latitude and receives less rainfall.