Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The process by which remains or traces of living things become fossils is called fossilization.
- Most fossils are preserved in sedimentary rocks.
- Fossils of soft organisms, from bacteria to jellyfish, are very rare.
- The best fossils would probably be ones that you could get DNA from.
- DNA holds the genes of an organisms.
- The genes could tell scientists a lot about what the organisms was really like.
- How does a bone from a dead organism harden to become a fossil?
- What happens as the bone is buried?
- What factors exposed the rock layers with the fossils in it?