Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Uranus is so far away that there has been relatively little exploration of the planet.
- The planet was first discovered with a telescope by the astronomer William Herschel in 1781.
- Uranus has a faint system of rings that circle the planet’s equator.
- Scientists think that the planet was struck and knocked over by another planet-sized object billions of years ago.
- The five largest moons of Uranus, Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania, and Oberon, are pictured below.