Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Water pollution is a worldwide problem.
- Almost anything released into the air or onto the land can end up in Earth’s water.
- Pollution enters water from municipal, industrial, agricultural sources.
- Fertilizer runoff can create dead zones in the ocean.
- Many farms in the U.S. have thousands of gallons of waste.
- The waste is stored in huge lagoons, like the one pictured below (Figure below).
- Many leaks from these lagoon have occurred.
- People pollute water when they apply excess chemicals to their lawn.